Alright y’all, I am typically a spontaneous person who does wacky things, follows through on random ideas, and tries to make people’s lives a bit happier. Though I am not much of a planner, I have my moments: this is one of them.
I have a friend named Andy, and his car is a magical machine that seems to have every random thing in it you could ever need or desire. For example, we were sitting in Red Robin one day, and I mention that I am wanting to train for a church basketball 3 on 3 tournament but need to go get a basketball. No problem! Andy gets one out of his trunk that he just happened to have with him. Months later, he is kind enough to bring me some awesome Chinese medicine for my back that was about to go out on me(never did thanks to him), and I mention that I am wanting to work on click training my German Shepherd mix. Andy lets me know that he has extra click trainers in the car. Amazingly, he click trained his CAT(I know, right?) and bought a set of several clickers but only needed one.
I am this way with my purse. My good friends could tell you I have the most random stuff constantly. chopsticks(you never know when you can use a pair), a harmonica, lotion, sunscreen, journal, etc. I have some normal keep-with-you stuff and a bunch of “what is that doing in your purse?!” story starters.
I thought, when we go out on dates, often we do not know everything we are going to do. We may end up with time to fill between reservations, waiting on a movie showing that is later than we thought, the car may break down on the side of the road(it has happened to me on dates before). Anything could happen. Although it is arguably impossible to be prepared for anything, I would like to propose a possibilities bag that lets you have FUN no matter what situation you find yourself in.
You choose what goes in to your possibilities pack, but I will tell you what is currently in mine to give you some ideas:
- A picnic blanket: usable at picnics, the beach, on top of your hood as you lay there watching stars, etc.
- 2 small fold up chairs: these things are like 5 dollars at walmart and I like to keep them in my trunk just in case.
- those little frito looking catch things: To me, they are way funner than frisbees.
- Food: clif bars in case of random hunger striking inopportunely, water, sparkling water, crackers and cheese whiz, etc. (If you want to really get creative, you can go to somewhere like World Market, and find snacks from other countries to try!) the main thing is to have enough to share if you need it.
- a fleece blanket (just in case)
- A small first aid kit (seriously, scrapes and bruises happen when your exploring!)
- Towel and swim suit (summer time musts just in case you find a swimming hole)
- duct tape
- knife (I always have one with me anyway)
- both an american and an international football
Now seasonally these things may change: I once broke down on the side of the road, and my date and spent the next couple hours designing outfits for a mini snowman I had built on my car hood. I proceeded to do a photoshoot with said snowman. So much fun out of what could be a difficult moment. My family also got stuck in a traffic jam in the california mountains when I was young, and got out to play football with some others who were stuck on the same road.
Make sure to make your possibility pack exactly what you want it to be! You don’t have to replicate mine, just be inspired!
I would love to hear what you used in your pack! (I may even have to implement some of your ideas with mine!) Let me know your ideas in the comments!